Sunday 16 January 2011

Visual Effects in my Horror Film Opening

In my horror film opening i chose to add some transitions onto my cuts to make them more interesting and visually appealing.

I added:

  • Texturize
  • Cross Dissolve
  • Additive Dissolve
I used these transitions to juxtapose two shots together to create a certain confused tone throughout the opening. A state of being lost is created through the quick jumpy cuts. I have used clean cuts to show passages of time or a different part of the story.

I also added some video effects in my horror film opening.

I added:
  • Ghosting
I added this effect after i slowed down a piece of footage in my horror film opening. Ghosting blurs the image slightly creating a slight motion blur. I really like this effect as it adds to the effect of the horror genre, i wanted to make so the audience couldn't see exactly what is going on but they have an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment