Friday 14 January 2011

Music for my Horror Film

For my horror film opening a browsed a couple of websites which i could find music on, all of this music is copyright free and could therefore be used in my film. The websites included:

mp3unsigned.com
freeplaymusic.com

I found this piece of music which i though unconventionally relates to horror, it's not the typical type of music found in a horror film but it would relate really well in my opening as i plan to do alot of slowing down. It is creepy as it reminds me of a child's toy where it is wound up to make music, also when the lyrics start they remind you of a lullaby, but a gothic one. It is called 'Care' by a band named 'She Lies', it is classed under the genre of 'experimental'.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/She_Lies/70115/#Care

Or i found this one, which is a more typical horror film piece of music. A dark mood is created by mysterious strings and brooding synths. It's creepy and the music builds up slowly creating tension and a state of suspense. This is already a soundtrack which has been produced for movies and could therefore prove very effective. It is called 'Glassed Over' and is produced by Tilman Sillescu.

http://freeplaymusic.com/search/category_search.php?t=v&i=1898

Glassed Over (2:35) - Found on Soundtrack Suspense Vol 10

I looked further on the internet for some more interesting music to put with my horror film opening when i came across this website:

freesfx.co.uk

I found this piece of music that i really liked. It's called 'The Beginning of the End' and is under the genre 'horror'. It is classed as a sound effect as it is only 21 seconds long but if it was placed correctly in my opening it would prove an effective piece of music. It is jumpy and differsin sound volume as well as pace creating a slightly manic and panicky/paranoid atmosphere which hopefully the audience would be able to recognise.

No comments:

Post a Comment