Wednesday 8 December 2010

Photographs for the Title Sequence of my Horror Film

After researching the film "Se7en" I decided to make my title sequence similar to that one. I took these photographs to mix in with my title sequence for my horror movie. I thought i could make the title sequence jumpy by adding lots of different cuts and random images. The montage of images and footage would create a sense of confusion and maybe a state of paranoia. This would create a distorted and unusual sequence.












The photographs I collected are relevant to my locations for my horror film.  They are all photographs of places in the woods or things that represent danger or caution to me, this will give the film a sense of foreboding. The audience will recognise the genre of the film and that something bad will happen.







I like this photograph as it shows a sense of confusion that could be running throughout the opening of my horror film. The arrows can either represent that either the audience or the characters do not know what is going to happen.



These photographs highlight a sense of danger which would be running throughout the opening of the film as well as an eerie atmosphere of abandonment. As the photographs also represent places that our opening will be shot in there is an element of repetition in which the audience can draw a state of dejavu from.





Overall, i think that these shots will be successful for transitioning into my title sequence. They capture the mood of the horror genre extremely well as well as highlighting the important aspects of our locations. I look forward to see how the end result looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment