Tuesday 21 December 2010

Mood Board for the Opening of my Horror Film

This is a mood board for the opening of my horror film. I put all my initial ideas together to create this montage of pictures, writing and materials:
On my mood board i included location images for where i wanted my horror film to be set. After doing research i like the idea of a forest or similar surroundings as this creates a sense of isolation and would build up tension and fear alot quicker in the audience. I then collected some images of forests in different effects such as black and white, and a red filter. I really liked the idea of a red filter as this would make some of the footage or shots completely red creating an almost bloodlust, as if the audience are watching through the eyes of the 'predator'. I collected some red plastic that could be used as the filter. I added a list of shots that i had jotted down earlier which i wanted in my opening. I then added examples of victims from horror films that could help me create my own characters, typically the victims are women as it adds to the helplessness of the character in distress. There is also a sachet of ketchup on my mood board as i thought this could be used to create blood. Also on my mood board is some examples of horror film covers, i added these to help me chose a font style for my opening credits as well as give me ideas for my horror film name.

No comments:

Post a Comment